Start 2020 right with these five simple home improvement projects.
Tackling home improvement projects presents a particular challenge. However, renovation is a great option that could give your home a new look without the extensive cost and time for the complete renovation.
When it comes to our house, it never seems completely finished, and in the quest to make it more comfortable and functional, we always look for something to replace and improve.
The key to choosing a perfect home DIY improvement task is to focus first on what you want to accomplish and how much time you can devote to do that. While some projects may be easy to complete, a few may take more time and have intensive work. So ensure that you know what you are about to get into when you get started.
However, the brightest side is, maybe none of these projects will take more than a week’s time.
Take note for these latest 2020 Home Renovation Trends, which are about to be in the limelight in the coming years too.
- Swap outdated fixtures: You will be amazed by seeing what new furniture can do for a room. In the kitchen, ditch those frosted glass pendants and replace them with classy, contemporary glass globe fixtures and complete with bright lights. Complementing to the room decor, hang a chandelier above the bed, and replace your old fans with delighted and efficient designer fans. If you have all the wires at the place, then these changes will be an easier process for you, and it will bring a significant improvement into your house.
- Paint the doors: A fresh paint coating on the door of the house is less expensive and easiest thing to do, that will pump up your home’s curb appeal. However, whether you are renovating your house for resale or for increasing your house value, try to be strategic about colours. Considering the style of the home, choose the colour that coordinates with house exterior and interiors, though don’t go overboard.
- Upscale garage door replacement: It may not seem like an exciting replacement, but replacing your garage door with an upgraded model can yield with 97% in recouped cost. Garage’s door that are built with durable materials like steel, aluminium and wood composites have a high performance and insulation. If you are considering a garage door change, you can opt for wood, though it may not be quite as water resistant, but will be a classic choice. Look for the fibreglass or wood composite, to give a good look as well as to provide the wooden appearance.
- Bathroom remodelling: A mid-range bathroom remodelling with upgraded tile, fixtures, toilet, counters, and lighting can enhance the bathroom appearance and add additional value into it. As one of the best home improvement plans, bathroom improvement can turn your regular one into a universally accessible one. You can count changing switches, put in a walk-in shower and putting a support bar near the toilet can be some practical changes for the long term. A few small accessible modifications ought major appeal as homeowners and buyers.
- Maximize the utility of left corners with shelving: Most of us a corner at our home that we don’t know how to use. As an easy DIY solution, you can install a floating shelf, to maximize the storage space and it gives a beautiful look at the same time. It may require woodwork and can take some time, but it would be worth it to turn it into a statement corner.
- Kitchen-a heart of the house: When it comes to the house improvement, kitchen remodelling if the first thing people notice. Most people want an upgraded kitchen accomplished with modern appliances. There is a range of valuable home improvements you can choose to renovate your kitchen, according to your budget and object. Consider installing energy-efficient, stainless steel appliances, paint cabinets, and you can install a new classy countertop.
- The manufactured stone surface on the exterior: This one is another exterior home improvement plan, as outdoor space is particularly important to a prospective home, which can turn into a significant investment, that enhances the exterior with the manufactured stone surface. It gives a stone look if it has been installed in the same manner. It’s a great way to boost your house’s curb appeal even without spending much money.
- Replace cabinet hardware: However, hardware replacement can be expensive, but it can give a real boost to the appearance of your entire house including kitchen or bathroom. Choose the styles that complement the existing house stylizing and appliances. Also, you can accomplish a mirror to give a larger appearance and lighting than they really are. While you’re at it, choose the latest trendy designer mirrors to replace the boring one for your bedrooms and bathrooms.
Bottom line: Home improvement is the best way to modernize your existing house. It rejuvenates old and tired houses into a modern one. If you want to keep your house fresh and contemporary, it is the best way to modernize and update your home.